Many causes can cause brittle nails.
- Deficiencies of magnesium and / or calcium and iron will be among the most common causes of brittle nails. In addition to making them fragile, it can also promote hair loss.
- Aging is also a source of weakening of the nails.
- Disorders in the thyroid also weaken the nails, of course, there are in addition to other symptoms related to the thyroid problem ...
- External factors can also be incriminated as the frequent use of varnish (without allowing the nails to breathe between 2 applications) and solvent makes the nails more fragile and they can change color and appearance.
- Hands too often in the water can make brittle nails as well as undried hands. The more you will not dry your nails after a hand wash, shower or other, and more nails will absorb the water to change appearance.
- Extreme temperature and a sudden change of climate will damage and damage the nails.
For these conditions, the nails, more than being fragile, have other specific signs. If in doubt, the doctor can take a small sample of the nail for analysis in the laboratory. The best thing is to consult a dermatologist.
Diagram of the anatomy of the nail
You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS Nail or A doctor answers you!
Read also :
> Hallux valgus: the fault with the heels?
> Onion of the foot: when the big toe is not right
> Psoriasis of the nail: what is it?