Nose, forehead, chin ... unattractive black spots have the unfortunate tendency to slip into the recesses of our face. A real nightmare when we know that this skin problem can surface at any age, even if adolescence remains a particularly favorable period.
Indeed, blackheads, also called " open comedones ", are among the most common skin problems. And whatever our age, their manifestation always scares us and raises several questions: where do they come from? What factors can promote their appearance? How to prevent them? And above all, how to eliminate blackheads once they have surfaced?
In our special file, you will know everything about black spots in order to face them serenely and effectively.
What are the black spots?
When the sebum is in excess in the pores, it causes the appearance of a small comedo . In contact with the air, the comedone oxidizes and becomes black: it is the black dot.
Blackheads are often associated with enlarged pores and affect the first line of oily skin. But all types of skin may be concerned, for example poorly hydrated skin, which therefore produces more sebum to compensate for this lack of hydration.
If the various causes of a certain excess of sebum in the pores are not yet well known, certain habits of life can however cause or increase the appearance of black spots.
It is therefore important to respect certain hygiene rules and to think systematically about:
- Wash your face daily.
- Make yourself clean before going to bed.
- Do not use over-grinding products or creams that are too greasy.
- Know your skin type: oily skin, combination skin, dry skin ... Get to know your skin, if necessary with the help of a dermatologist, to choose the right products and treatments.
- Do not constantly fiddling with pimples and blackheads, this only aggravates the situation.
- Do not expose yourself to prolonged sunlight.
- Make a regular mask or gentle exfoliation (avoiding rubbing too hard!) To release the skin of impurities.
Good to know: 21 tips to have beautiful skin!
>> Find here our tips to eliminate blackheads!
Authors: Clémentine Fitaire, Dorothee Gebele