Here are the main essential oils widely used in aromatherapy:
Lavender (lavandula angustifolia or vera - wild)
It is soothing, helpful against anxiety and headaches. It is also healing for wounds, insect bites, acne.
- Against anxiety, insomnia: put 1 to 2 drops of essential oil on your pillow and a handkerchief that you breathe during the day.
- Against skin problems (burns, insect bites, pimples): put directly on a cotton and apply on the wound. Leave the cotton for 5 to 10 minutes.
Lemon (citrus limon)
Lemon essence is a powerful antimicrobial. It is also an anti-nausea. It is a general stimulant that would strengthen the immune system, improve blood circulation.
- Against motion sickness: put a drop of lemon in a teaspoon of honey, to take before departure, also put a drop on a handkerchief and feel it if necessary during the trip.
- Against mouth problems (gingivitis, mouth sore, sore throat): make mouthwashes or gargles with half a glass of warm water in which two drops of lemon are added.
Tea tree (melaleuca alternifolia)
Tea tree essential oil is anti-infectious. Highly used in aromatherapy, it relieves insect bites, sunburns and disinfects wounds. It effectively treats ENT and bronchopulmonary infections.
- For skin problems, against pimples and blackheads: put tea tree essential oil on the button with a little cotton.
- To "disinfect" the line: add a few drops to the laundry.
- To disinfect wounds: 1 drop of tea tree oil plus a drop of lavandin in a teaspoon of neutral vegetable oil and dab on the wound. For this application, it is recommended to seek medical advice.
Bitter orange (citrus orantium or petit grain bigarade)
This essential oil is soothing, sedative, so it promotes relaxation and falling asleep.
- Against insomnia: mix 25 drops (10 for children) in 10 cl of sweet almond, and apply in massage before bedtime.
You want to exchange? Appointment in our FORUMS Soft Medicine and Homeopathy ! Or ask your questions to a professional in our expert forum: A doctor answers you !