- Philippe Even and Bernard Debré, 4, 000 useful drugs, useless or dangerous, Ed. Cherche midi, 2012. - National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (France) Analysis of drug sales in France in 201, October 2012.
Category: Guide Medicinal Product
In 2013, the self-medication market accounted for 16% of the global drug market in France. Self-medication seems to be a trend, particularly with the recent and rapid expansion of online pharmacy sites and the desire of supermarkets to be able to sell non-prescription drugs. Let's be clear: our health authorities, like the pharmaceutical companies, are both uncomfortable with developing self-medication
For the development and future commercialization of a drug, there are three phases of clinical trials before the MA. The phases of clinical trials on people are only started if the results of the animal testing upstream were found to be positive. > Phase 1: We validate the tolerance. It involves administering increasing amounts of the new molecule to healthy volunteers (under close surveillance) to evaluate the broad lines of product tolerance and pharmacological activity
In France, more than 600, 000 people take anticoagulant treatments. These anticoagulant treatments are intended to thin the blood to prevent clot formation, and help prevent serious cardiovascular events. The formation of a clot is very dangerous, because it could more or less obstruct a vessel and thus impede the blood circulation
Interview * with Professor Michel Krempf, endocrinologist nutritionist, University Hospital of Nantes. To lose weight, there are on the market of food supplements and medicines, what are the major differences between the two? First of all, a drug has been tested before being marketed, and is available on medical prescription (except in the case of Alli®).
Martial Fraysse, pharmacist in Ile de France, we learn more about generic drugs ... Who decides on the price of a generic medicine? It is a commission of experts (the CEPS, Economic Committee for Health Products) which determines the price of a generic medicine. In general, a generic is 15 to 50% cheaper than the original drug
- Corre P, Bio-equivalence and generics of active ingredients with a narrow therapeutic margin, La Presse Médicale, 2010; 39: 169-176. - National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (France), Analysis of Drug Sales in France in 201, October 2012.
Following the interview of Dr. Nathalie Cugnardey, Medical Director Europe Mylan laboratories. Why is the Mylan Lab involved so much in the fight against AIDS? Dr Nathalie Cugnardey: Mylan has been particularly involved for 10 years in the fight against HIV / AIDS. Since 2003, Mylan has been providing quality active ingredients to generic antiretroviral manufacturers
Today around 34 million people in the world are living with HIV ... and only 50% of them are HIV-positive . Although the percentage of HIV-positive adults has stabilized, the number of new infections and AIDS deaths remains far too high! Fortunately, progress is being made in research on the disease, as well as on new treatments, but also for better access to care by the poorest populations, which is a major step to reduce this disease worldwide
- What is it ? Paracetamol is the most prescribed molecule in France, marketed in pharmacy under different names (Doliprane®, Efferalgan® ...). It is an analgesic not salicylated. It does not belong to the same class of aspirin. There is no risk of bleeding when you take too much. - Its properties: Paracetamol is part of antipyretic analgesics (against pain and fever).
Doctors do not have to prescribe generic drugs. Instead, they are motivated by Health Insurance to prescribe drugs with an International Nonproprietary Name (INN) , that is, by specifying the name of the molecule. From 2015 , this type of prescription should be mandatory in France: doctors will not prescribe the originator, but the molecule
Interview of Dr. Claude Colas, spacialist diabetologist doctor. Do you have many patients who contact you after the Pediator affair? Yes, a lot of patients tell me about it, of course. Some people do not really know if they took any, and therefore call me. So, I check in their medical file. Have you often prescribed this medicine
- The sale of medicines via the Internet: lessons from European experiences and their impact on the distribution of medicines in France. Paris, Eurostaf, 2011. - Dalmas, R., Online sales of medicines: ten years of waiting for a stillborn diet ?, General Law Week General Edition (JCP G), February 25, 2013, No
Interview of Dr. Pierre Godefroy, sports doctor, who gives practical advice in case of cramp ... Do your patients often consult you for cramps? Dr. Pierre Godefroy: For sportsmen, not so much. My patients are, for the most part, very well trained, and know exactly what to do to avoid cramps. They do sports two to five times a week, they know the stretching necessary to avoid pain
To read : > On the website of the National Cancer Institute, there are many practical tips and information about hair loss: on cold helmets, and again the cost and reimbursement of wigs, etc. > Other practical information on chemotherapy and its side effects can be found on the website of the Ligue contre le cancer, or on the website of the Gustave Roussy Cancer Institute
- Marisol Touraine announces the cancellation of the 3rd generation pills as of March 31, 2013 and asks that they be no longer prescribed first choice, January 2, 2013. - Combined oral contraceptives and risk of venous thrombosis: Prescription of 2nd generation pills containing levonorgestrel in first intention
Muscle relaxant medications are other symptomatic drugs used against urinary incontinence. They act directly on the muscle of the bladder thanks to its antispasmodic effect by promoting its relaxation. Nevertheless, muscle relaxants are less effective than anticholinergics and are therefore less prescribed
Different (more or less relevant) advice can be provided about self-medication. Here are the top 5 tips to know absolutely in case of self-medication: 1> Always buy drugs in pharmacies (in pharmacies or online at an authorized site). Buying drugs online at legal sites is safe, buying online is one way of dispensing like any other
Dr. Loïc Etienne, emergency physician and inventor of the tool for analyzing symptoms on the web, e-doctor, gives his advice on self-medication. As a doctor, what is your view on self-medication? Dr. Loïc Etienne: I advocate for over 20 years self-medication, it's absurd to be against. It is a natural act to want to relieve suffering as quickly as possible.
Today, there are different tools of analysis of the symptoms thanks to digital, even allowing to go to the self-medication ... Apps for smartphones are available to be better informed anywhere and at any time. One of them is called CitizenDoc and allows, after 3 to 5 questions, to evaluate the symptom of which one suffers