Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Ethylmorphine, Sodium benzoate (E211), Grindelia
laboratory: Cilfa Developpement
Bottle of 30 ml
Symptomatic treatment of uncompromising coughs.
Dosage EPHYDION s / s Oral solution Bottle of 30 ml
Reserved for adults and children over 30 kg (approximately 10 years ).
- Adult : 40 to 50 drops per socket to be renewed after 6 hours if necessary, without exceeding 4 taken per day.
- Child :
The dosage depends on the weight:
. 40 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years): 15 drops per dose, to be renewed after 6 hours if necessary without exceeding 60 drops per day;
. 30 to 40 kg (approximately 10 to 12 years): 10 drops per dose to be renewed after 6 hours if necessary, without exceeding 40 drops per day.
In the absence of other medicinal products providing ethylmorphine hydrochloride or any other central antitussif, the daily dose of ethylmorphine hydrochloride should not exceed 120 mg in adults, 0.6 mg / kg in adults, child from 20 to 50 kg (about 6 to 15 years) .
In the elderly or in case of hepatic insufficiency, the initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage in the adult and may be increased according to the tolerance and needs.
Symptomatic treatment should be short (a few days) and limited to the time of coughing.
- Allergy to one of the constituents.
- Respiratory failure.
- Cough of the asthmatic.
- Breast-feeding: Ethylmorphine passes into breast milk; with codeine, a few cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants after mothers have taken supine-therapeutic doses of codeine. If breastfeeding, and by extrapolation with codeine, taking this drug is contraindicated.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Taking alcoholic beverages and other drugs containing alcohol (see interactions) during treatment is not recommended.
Adverse effects Ephydion S / S
At therapeutic doses: the adverse effects of ethylmorphine hydrochloride are comparable to those of other opiates, but they are rarer and more moderate.
- Possibility of constipation, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting.
- Rarely bronchospasm, allergic skin reactions, respiratory depression (see contraindications)
At supratherapeutic doses: there is a risk of dependence and abrupt stopping syndrome, which can be observed in the user and in the newborn of a drug addict mother.