Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Ephedrine
Box of 10 ampoule of 1 mL bottles
- Treatment of hypotension during general anesthesia and locoregional anesthesia performed for a surgical or obstetrical act whether spinal or epidural.
- Preventive treatment of hypotension during spinal anesthesia for a surgical or obstetrical procedure.
Dosage EPHEDRINE AGUETTANT 30 mg / mL Solution for injection Box of 10 Ampoules bottles of 1 mL
- Ephedrine should only be used by or under the responsibility of the anesthesiologist.
- Injectable route.
- Intravenous infusion or IV bolus. The route of administration varies according to the state of the patient, according to weight and complementary therapies.
- Adult :
. The dose is 3 to 6 mg, repeated as needed every 5 to 10 minutes and the dose for 24 hours should be less than 150 mg.
. Lack of efficacy after 30 mg should reconsider the choice of therapy.
. The route of administration is intravenous.
. The dose is 0.1 to 0.2 mg / kg every 4 to 6 hours.
This medicine MUST NEVER be used in case of hypersensitivity to ephedrine,
In combination with other indirect sympathomimetics such as phenylpropanolamine, phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, methylphenidate.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This drug is NOT RECOMMENDED for combination with halogenated volatile anesthetics, imipramine antidepressants, serotonergic-noradrenergic antidepressants (milnacipran, venlafaxine), guanethidine, and the like.
Adverse effects Ephedrine Aguettant
- Risks of palpitation, hypertension, changes in primary haemostasis, nervousness, tremors, anxiety, insomnia, confusion, irritability, depression, acute urinary retention, hypersensitivity.
- Risk of crisis of closed-angle glaucoma.