Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Ephedrine
Box of 10 ampoules of 10 ml
· Treatment of hypotension during general anesthesia and loco-regional anesthesia whether spinal or epidural and performed for a surgical or obstetrical procedure.
· Preventive treatment of hypotension during spinal anesthesia for a surgical or obstetrical procedure.
Dosage EPHEDRINE AGUETTANT 30 mg / 10 mL Solution for injection Box of 10 ampoules of 10 ml
Ephedrine should only be used by or under the responsibility of the anesthesiologist.
Intravenous infusion or IV bolus. The route of administration varies according to the state of the patient, according to weight and complementary therapies.
The dose is 3 to 6 mg, repeated as needed every 5 to 10 minutes.
The total dose should be less than 150 mg per 24 hours.
Lack of efficacy should reconsider the choice of treatment.
The route of administration is intravenous.
The dose is 0.1 to 0.2 mg / kg every 4 to 6 hours.
This drug should never be used in case of hypersensitivity to ephedrine and in combination with indirect sympathomimetics such as cafedrine, methylphenidate, phenylephrine, pseudoephedrine, theodrenaline, non-selective MAOIs, alpha sympathomimetics (oral routes). and / or nasal).
Adverse effects Ephedrine Aguettant
· Risks of palpitations, hypertension, changes in primary haemostasis, nervousness,
· Tremors, anxiety, insomnia, confusion, irritability, depression, acute urinary retention, hypersensitivity.
· Risk of angle-closure glaucoma attacks.