Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Ephedrine
Box of 5 pre-filled syringes of 10 ml
- Treatment of hypotension during general anesthesia and locoregional anesthesia whether spinal or epidural and performed for a surgical or obstetrical procedure.
- Preventive treatment of hypotension during spinal anesthesia for a surgical or obstetrical procedure.
Dosage EPHEDRINE AGUETTANT 3 mg / ml Solution for injection Box of 5 pre-filled syringes of 10 ml
- Ephedrine should only be used by or under the responsibility of the anesthesiologist.
- Injectable route.
- Intravenous infusion or IV bolus. The route of administration varies according to the state of the patient, according to weight and complementary therapies.
- Adult :
. The dose is 3 to 6 mg, repeated as needed every 5 to 10 minutes.
. The total dose should be less than 150 mg per 24 hours.
. Lack of efficacy should reconsider the choice of treatment.
. The route of administration is intravenous.
. The dose is 0.1 to 0.2 mg / kg every 4 to 6 hours.
This medication should never be used in case of hypersensitivity to ephedrine and in combination with indirect sympathomimetics such as phenylpropanolamine, pseudoephedrine, methylphenidate, phenylephrine.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This medicinal product is NOT recommended when combined with halogenated volatile anesthetics, imipramine antidepressants, serotonergic-noradrenergic antidepressants (milnacipran, venlafaxine), sibutramine (see section interactions).
Adverse effects Ephedrine Aguettant
- Risks of palpitation, hypertension, changes in primary haemostasis, nervousness, tremors, anxiety, insomnia, confusion, irritability, depression, acute urinary retention, hypersensitivity.
- Risk of crisis of closed-angle glaucoma.