Here are a series of tips and practical tips that will help you, and especially your child, to overcome or at least better manage enuresis:
- Do not drink too much at the end of the day. It is important not to deprive the child of his water needs. He must drink enough all day long. However, it is useful to reduce the amount of water from the time of the snack. And avoid the glass of water before sleeping.
- Peeing before sleeping or after the evening story. It's at the last moment that he has to pee. The best is that he thinks about it without you having to remind him. After the story, a little pee and sleep!
- Easy access to the toilet . If the toilet is too far away, install a pot next to the bed. And a little night light so that it does not wake up in the dark, and that it can be oriented easily.
- Allow him autonomy. That his pajamas are easy to undo and that a change is ready, if need be.
- Between two and five years old : it is important to value the cleanliness of the child. It must be put in favorable conditions, conducive to learning.
One remembers these "potty sessions", in collective nursery or at school, where all the little pots were aligned by the teacher and where the children had to pee, all at the same time. We can imagine the blockages that could lead to.
In any case, help and encourage your child. He does not do it on purpose. He does not do this to bother his parents. He pee when he is asleep, that is when he is unconscious. He is not responsible for these urinary leaks. But it is possible to make him gain better control of himself. Never by scolding him, but always by valuing him.
Is your child hyperactive?
Answer a few questions to assess the odds your child has ADHD. Do the TEST!You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS children or A doctor answers you !
Read also :
> The psychology of the child: from crises to anxieties
> When to take your child to the psychiatrist