Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Oncology and Hematology
active ingredients: Calcium levofolinate
laboratory: Wyeth Pharmaceuticals FR
Lyophilisate for parenteral use
Box of 1 vial of 25 mg powder
- Correction of megaloblastic iatrogenic anemias due to inhibitors of dihydrofolate reductase: pyrimethamine, trimethoprim and possibly salazopyrine.
- Prevention of toxic accidents caused by methotrexate in the treatment of leukemias and malignant tumors.
- Prevention and treatment of folate deficiencies during major malabsorption and total and prolonged parenteral diets.
Dosage ELVORINE 25 mg Lyophilisate for parenteral use Box of 1 vial of 25 mg powder
Intramuscular or intravenous route.
- Corrections of megaloblastic iatrogenic anemias:
. Adult : The daily dose of 2.5 mg over the duration of administration of the agent responsible for megaloblastic anemia is usually sufficient.
. Child : The dosage is 2.5 mg every 2 to 4 days.
- Prevention of toxic accidents caused by methotrexate at intermediate or high doses: the dosage schedules depend on the doses of methotrexate administered.
. Intermediate doses (ie <= 1.5 g / m² of methotrexate in patients with normal renal function for age): administration of 12.5 mg / m² of L-folinic acid every 6 hours for a period of duration of 48 hours.
. High doses (ie> 1.5 g / m² methotrexate in patients with normal creatinine clearance, or <1.5 g / m² methotrexate in patients with creatinine clearance below expected values for age): administration of 25 mg / m² L-folinic acid every 6 hours, until:
. in subjects with normal renal function, the plasma concentration of methotrexate is less than 10 -7 M;
. in subjects with impaired renal function, circulating methotrexate disappears.
In all cases, this prevention must be started no later than 6 hours after the end of the methotrexate infusion.
The maintenance of sufficient alkaline diuresis should always be ensured.
- Prevention and treatment of folate deficiencies:
2.5 mg daily L-folinic acid or 25 mg every 10 days.
Elvorine side effects
Very rare hypersensitivity reactions (urticaria, angioedema and anaphylactoid or anaphylactic shock) have been reported.