Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Otorhinolaryngology
Active ingredients: Pseudoephedrine
Granulate for oral solution
Sachets Box of 10
Treatment of the feeling of stuffy nose, during a cold in adults (from 15 years).
Dosage EFRYL RHUME 60 mg Granule for oral solution Sachets Box of 10
RESERVED FOR ADULTS (FROM 15 YEARS OLD).
- Dissolve the contents of the sachet in a glass of water.
- 1 sachet, to renew if necessary after 4 hours minimum, 2 to 3 times a day.
Do not exceed 4 sachets a day.
- The maximum duration of treatment is 5 days .
This medicine is contraindicated:
- In case of hypersensitivity to one of the constituents of the product.
- In children under 15 years old.
- In case of severe or poorly balanced hypertension caused by the treatment.
- In case of a history of stroke or risk factors likely to promote the occurrence of stroke, due to the sympathomimetic alpha activity of the vasoconstrictor.
- In case of severe coronary insufficiency.
- In case of risk of glaucoma by closing the angle.
- In case of risk of urinary retention related to urethroprostatic disorders.
- In case of a history of convulsions.
- In cases of phenylketonuria, due to the presence of aspartame.
- In case of breastfeeding: pseudoephedrine passes into breast milk. Given the possible effects
cardiovascular and neurologic vasoconstrictors, the use of this drug is contraindicated during breastfeeding.
- In combination with vasoconstrictor drugs such as bromocriptine, pergolide, lisuride, cabergoline, ergotamine, dihydroergotamine or other nasal decongestants that are administered orally or nasally (phenylpropanolamine, phenylephrine, ephedrine ...) ).
- In combination with methylphenidate.
- In association with non-selective MAOIs (iproniazide).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This medicine SHOULD NOT BE USED during pregnancy: there is no reliable data on teratogenesis in animals. In clinical studies, epidemiological studies have not revealed malformative effects related to the use of pseudoephedrine. However, as a precaution and given the potent vasoconstrictive properties of this drug, its use is not recommended during pregnancy.
Side effects Efryl Cold
- Linked to the presence of pseudoephedrine:
. palpitations, tachycardia, hypertensive
. glaucoma crisis by closing the angle,
. urinary disorders (dysuria, retention), especially in cases of urethroprostatic disorders,
. anxiety, insomnia,
. dry mouth, nausea, vomiting.
- have been described, especially in children after administration of vasoconstrictors:
. agitation, behavioral disorders and insomnia.
- A fever, an overdose, a drug combination likely to reduce the epileptogenic threshold or contribute to an overdose have often been found and seem to predispose to the occurrence of these effects (see chapters contraindications, warnings and precautions for use ).
- Exceptionally, hemorrhagic strokes have occurred in patients who have used specialties containing pseudoephedrine. These cerebrovascular accidents have occurred in the event of overdose, misuse and / or in patients with vascular risk factors.
- Due to the presence of mannitol, risk of digestive disorders and diarrhea.