Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Contraception and termination of pregnancy
active ingredients: Norgestimate, Ethinylestradiol
Box of 1 Plate of 21
Dosage EFFIPREV 0.25mg / 0.035mg Tablet Box of 1 Plate of 21
Take regularly and without forgetting 1 tablet per day at the same time of the day, for 21 consecutive days with a stop of 7 days between each plate.
- Start of oral contraception:
1st tablet to take the 1st day of the rules.
- Relay of another estroprogestatif:
1st tablet: after a stop of 7 days if the previous plate contained 21 tablets (6 days if it contained 22 and without interval if it contained 28). If there is no withdrawal haemorrhage for 6 to 7 days after stopping the previous pill, make sure there is no pregnancy before starting treatment.
- If you forget one or more tablets.
Forgetting a tablet puts you at risk for pregnancy.
. If missed within 12 hours of the usual time of use, take the missed tablet immediately, and continue treatment normally by taking the next tablet at the usual time.
. If forgetfulness is observed more than 12 hours after the normal time of taking, contraceptive security is no longer assured. Immediately take the last missed tablet and continue oral contraceptive treatment until the end of the pack, using simultaneously a method of contraceptive mechanical type (condoms, spermicides, ...) until the recovery of the next pack, including included during the rules.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- thromboembolic events or arterial thromboembolic antecedents (in particular myocardial infarction, cerebrovascular accident);
- thromboembolic events or venous thromboembolic events (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism) with or without triggering factor;
- cardiovascular diseases: arterial hypertension, coronary heart diseases, valvulopathies, thrombogenic arrhythmias;
ocular pathology of vascular origin;
- diabetes complicated by micro- or macroangiopathy;
- malignant tumors of the breast and uterus;
- severe or recent liver diseases;
- pituitary tumors;
- undiagnosed haemorrhages;
- in combination with ritonavir (see interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This drug is generally not recommended in the following situations:
- metabolic disorders: uncomplicated diabetes, hyperlipidemia (hypertriglyceridemia, hypercholesterolemia);
- obesity (body mass index: Weight / Height²> = 30 kg / m²);
- Benign breast tumors and uterine dystrophies (hyperplasia, fibroma);
- hyperprolactinemia with or without galactorrhea;
- renal failure ;
- recurrent cholestasis or pruritus recurring in a previous pregnancy;
- herpes gestationis;
- in combination with enzyme inducers [anticonvulsants (phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, carbamazepine), rifabutin, rifampicin, griseofulvin] and modafinil (see interactions);
- Breastfeeding: In case of breast-feeding, the use of this drug is not recommended due to the passage of estrogen / progestogen in breast milk. If the woman wishes to breastfeed, another means of contraception should be offered.
- pregnancy: this medicine is not indicated in pregnancy. In clinical studies, unlike diethylstilbestrol, the results of numerous epidemiological studies have made it possible to rule out until now a malformative risk of estrogen alone or in combination, at the beginning of pregnancy. Moreover, the risks relating to the sexual differentiation of the fetus (in particular female), risks described with old progestatives very androgenomimetic, do not have to be extrapolated to recent progestins like that presented in this specialty, much less even not at all androgenomimetic. Consequently, the discovery of a pregnancy under estroprogestations does not justify the interruption.
Adverse effects Effiprev
- relatively rare side effects but having to stop the treatment:
. arterial thromboembolic events (especially myocardial infarction, stroke);
. venous thromboembolic events (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism);
. high blood pressure, coronary artery disease;
. hyperlipidemia (hypertriglyceridemia and / or hypercholesterolemia), diabetes;
. severe mastodynia, benign mastopathy;
. pituitary adenoma with prolactin (possibly revealed by galactorrhea);
. severe and unusual headache, migraines, vertigo, change in vision;
. exacerbation of a comitiality;
. hepatic adenoma, cholestatic jaundice;
- More frequent undesirable effects, do not usually prevent the continuation of the treatment but which could envisage a change of the type of estroprogestatif:
. nausea, common headache, weight gain, irritability, heavy legs;
. breast tension, intermenstrual bleeding, oligomenorrhea, amenorrhea, libido modification;
. eye irritation by contact lenses.
acne, seborrhea, hypertrichosis.
- Other: cholelithiasis.
- Effects at discontinuation of treatment: post-therapeutic amenorrhea.
Amenorrhea with anovulation (more likely to occur in women with a history of irregular cycles) may be observed upon discontinuation of treatment. They usually give way spontaneously. In case of prolongation, before any new prescription, the search for a possible pituitary pathology is necessary.
The risk of venous thromboembolic events increases in all women taking estrogen / progestogen contraceptives. For information on the venous thromboembolic risk of the various oestroprogestative pills, see the section on warnings and precautions for use.