The treatments for eczema are various.
1 - The background treatment
The main treatment of eczema is to apply, once or twice a day, moisturizing and oily creams, designed to soften and moisturize the skin. Ideally they are adapted to atopic skins.
Rare: a psychological follow-up may sometimes be necessary, especially in the context of an eczema of psychosomatic origin.
2 - Treatment of relapses
During outbreaks, cortisone can be used locally: the treatment will usually be short-term, to avoid a form of habituation. This treatment can be prescribed as an ointment, cream, or lotion.
The dosage of local corticosteroids to apply to the skin also differs depending on whether the eczema is on the body or on the face. It is up to the doctor or dermatologist to define the most appropriate corticosteroid treatment.
Indeed, these drugs are very effective, but you must know how to use them wisely. Because the local and general side effects on the organism are not innocuous taken for a long time.
3 - The eviction of the allergen
When an allergen has been implicated, the essential treatment of eczema is based on the removal of the allergen. This dimension of treatment is essential in contact eczema. This is the only way to get a cure.
4 - Precautions to take
In the context of atopic dermatosis in children, there are some precautions to take:
- The child should not be scratched because the risk of skin infection exists. It is advisable to cut his nails short and regularly monitor that his hands are clean.
- It is recommended to take warm showers (35-36 ° C) rather than baths. Also, it is best to use overgrown soaps and avoid Marseille soap (which irritates). It will also often moisturize the skin with emollient creams found in pharmacy.
- We must dry, wipe the child by dabbing with clean towels, without rubbing his body at the risk of irritating his skin.
- It is advisable to avoid exposure to domestic animals (cat, dog, guinea pig ...).
- A particular diet is necessary when an allergy to a particular food is highlighted.
- Beware of dust mites and mold. Dusting (regular suction, wet sponge ...), ventilation of parts (etc.) are necessary.
Eczema: treatment and natural solutions
Diet, gemmotherapy, omega 3 deficiency ... how to eradicate eczema with natural solutions?Want to react, share your experience or ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS Skin, Allergy or A doctor answers you!
Read also :
> Desensitization: no longer suffer from allergy
> Mite allergy
> Focus on skin diseases
Dexeryl Cream - Dry skin - Superficial burns
Buy your Dexeryl at the best price with our partner Unooc