Generic drug from Pevaryl
Therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Econazole
Solution for cutaneous application
Bottle of 30 g
Cutaneous candidiasis encountered in the human clinic is usually due to Candida Albicans. However, the detection of a candida on the skin can not constitute in itself an indication;
- Treatment :
. intertrigos, in particular genito-crural, anal and perianal,
. angular cheilitis,
. vulvitis, balanitis.
In some cases, it is recommended to treat the digestive tract simultaneously.
- Adjunctive treatment of onyxis and perionyxis.
- Treatment :
. dermatophytes of the glabrous skin,
. genital and crural intertrigos,
. intertrigos of the toes (athlete's feet).
- Treatment of sycosis and keriosis: an associated antifungal systemic treatment is to be discussed.
- Adjunctive treatment:
. folliculitis with trichophyton rubrum.
An associated antifungal systemic treatment is necessary.
PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR .
Dosage ECONAZOLE MYLAN 1% Solution for cutaneous application Bottle of 30 g
- Regular twice-daily application until complete disappearance of the lesions.
- Apply the solution to all areas to be treated and follow the application of a gentle and regular massage until complete penetration.
- The preferential indications of the solution form are given in the following table:
Lesions: Suggested forms / Duration of treatment .
- Mycosis of the folds: intertrigo genital, sub-mammary, interdigital ...:
. not macerated : cream / 1 to 2 weeks.
. macerated : powder spray / 1 to 2 weeks.
- Mycosis of the mucous membranes and semi-mucous membranes: vulvitis, balanitis, anitis, seat candidiasis: milk / 8 days.
- Mycosis of fragile skin: children, face: milk / 2 to 3 weeks.
- nail fungus: onyxis, perionyxis: cream + antifungal per os / 1 to 2 months.
- Dermatophytes of the glabrous skin: cream / 2 weeks.
- Genital and crural intertrigo:
. not macerated : cream / 2 to 3 weeks.
. macerated : powder / 2 to 3 weeks.
- Toe intertrigo: powder / 3 weeks.
- Mycosis of the hair: folliculitis, kerion, sycosis: milk / 4 to 6 weeks.
- Moths: cream + anti-fungal per os / 4 to 8 weeks.
PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR: spray solution / 2 weeks.
ERYTHRASMA: cream / 1 to 2 weeks.
Hypersensitivity to imidazole derivatives, or to any of the constituents of the product.
Econazole Mylan side effects
- Due to the low resorption rate of econazole (0.5% to 2%) on healthy skin, the risk of systemic effects can be virtually ruled out.
- However, on an injured skin, a large area, and in the infant (because of the ratio surface / weight and the effect of occlusion of the layers), one must be attentive to this eventuality.
- Locally, the rare manifestations of intolerance are sensations of burning, or sometimes pruritus and redness of the skin: these manifestations rarely lead to discontinuation of treatment (about 1.7% of cases). - Very rare cases of contact eczema at the application site have been reported. - Due to the presence of propylene glycol and butylated hydroxytoluene (E321), risk of eczema of contact, irritation of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Because of the presence of ethanol, frequent applications on the skin can cause irritation and dryness of the skin.