Generic drug from Pevaryl
Therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Econazole
laboratory: IVAX PHARMACEUTICALS SAS
Emulsion for cutaneous application
Bottle of 30 g
Cutaneous candidiasis encountered in the human clinic is usually due to Candida Albicans. However, the detection of a candida on the skin can not constitute in itself an indication.
- Treatment :
. intertrigos, in particular genito-crural, anal and perianal,
. angular cheilitis,
. vulvitis, balanitis.
In some cases, it is recommended to treat the digestive tract simultaneously.
- Adjunctive treatment of onyxis and perionyxis.
- Treatment :
. dermatophytes of the glabrous skin,
. genital and crural intertrigos,
. intertrigos of the toes (athlete's foot).
- Treatment of sycosis and keriosis: an associated antifungal systemic treatment is to be discussed.
- Adjunctive treatment:
. folliculitis with trichophyton rubrum.
An associated antifungal systemic treatment is necessary.
PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR .
Dosage ECONAZOLE IVAX 1% Emulsion for cutaneous application Bottle of 30 g
- Regular twice-daily application until complete disappearance of the lesions.
- Apply the emulsion to the areas to be treated with the fingertips, a few drops having been deposited in the palm of the hand or directly on the lesions. Massage gently until complete penetration.
- The preferred indications of the emulsion form are given in the following table:
Lesions: Suggested forms / Duration of treatment.
- Mycosis of the folds: intertrigo genital, sub-mammary, interdigital ...:
. not macerated : cream / 1 to 2 weeks.
. macerated : powder / 1 to 2 weeks.
- Mycosis of the mucous membranes and semi-mucous membranes: vulvitis, balanitis, anitis, candidiasis of the seat: emulsion / 8 days.
- Mycosis of fragile skin: children, face: emulsion / 2 to 3 weeks.
- nail fungus: onyxis, perionyxis: cream + antifungal per os / 1 to 2 months.
- Dermatophytes of the glabrous skin: cream / 2 weeks.
- Genital and crural intertrigo:
. not macerated : cream / 2 to 3 weeks.
. macerated : powder / 2 to 3 weeks.
- Toe intertrigo: powder / 3 weeks.
- Mycosis of the hair: folliculitis, keriosis, sycosis: emulsion / 4 to 6 weeks.
- Moths: cream + anti-fungal per os / 4 to 8 weeks.
PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR: solution / 2 weeks.
ERYTHRASMA: cream / 1 to 2 weeks.
Hypersensitivity to imidazole derivatives, or to any of the constituents of the product.
Adverse effects Econazole Ivax
- Due to the low resorption rate of econazole (0.5% - 2%) on healthy skin, the risk of systemic effects can be virtually ruled out.
However, on an injured skin, a large area, and in the infant (because of the ratio surface / weight and the effect of occlusion of the layers), one must be attentive to this eventuality.
- Locally, the rare manifestations of intolerance are sensations of burning, or sometimes pruritus and redness of the skin: these manifestations rarely lead to discontinuation of treatment (about 1.7% of cases).
- Risk of contact eczema, irritation of the skin and mucous membranes, due to the presence of butylated hydroxyanisole (E320), butylated hydroxytoluene (E321), benzoic acid (E210).