Generic drug from Pevaryl
Therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Econazole
Emulsion for cutaneous application
Bottle of 30 g
1 °) Candidiasis :
Cutaneous candidiasis encountered in the human clinic is usually due to Candida Albicans. However, the detection of a candida on the skin can not constitute in itself an indication.
- Treatment :
. intertrigos, in particular genito-crural, anal and perianal,
. angular cheilitis,
. vulvitis, balanitis.
In some cases, it is recommended to treat the digestive tract simultaneously.
- Adjunctive treatment of onyxis and perionyxis.
2 °) Dermatophytosis :
- Treatment :
. dermatophytes of the glabrous skin,
. genital and crural intertrigos,
. intertrigos of the toes.
- Treatment of sycosis and keriosis: an associated antifungal systemic treatment is to be discussed.
- Adjunctive treatment:
. folliculitis with Trichophyton rubrum.
An associated antifungal systemic treatment is necessary.
3 °) Pityriasis versicolor .
4 °) Erythrasma .
Dosage ECONAZOLE G GAM 1% Emulsion for cutaneous application Bottle of 30 g
Regular twice-daily application until complete disappearance of the lesions.
Apply the emulsion to the lesions to be treated with the fingertips, a few drops having been deposited in the palm of the hand or directly on the lesions. Massage smoothly and evenly until complete penetration.
The preferred indications of the emulsion form are shown below:
- Mycosis of the folds: intertrigo genital, sub-mammary, interdigital ...:
. not macerated : cream for 1 to 2 weeks - about 1 to 2 tubes,
. macerated : powder for 1 to 2 weeks - about 1 to 2 vials.
- Mycosis of the mucous membranes and semi-mucous membranes: vulvitis, balanitis, anitis, candidiasis of the seat: fluid emulsion for 8 days, ie 1 bottle.
- Mycosis of fragile skin: children, face: fluid emulsion for 2 to 3 weeks - about 2 to 3 vials.
- nail fungus: onyxis, perionyxis: cream + antifungal oral for 1 to 2 months - about 4 to 8 tubes.
- Dermatophytes of the glabrous skin: cream during 2 weeks, that is to say 2 tubes.
- Genital and crural intertrigo:
. not macerated : cream for 2 to 3 weeks - about 2 to 3 tubes,
. macerated : powder for 2 to 3 weeks - about 2 to 3 vials.
- Toe intertrigo: powder for 3 weeks, ie 4 bottles (including 1 for shoes and socks).
- Fungal infections of the hair: folliculitis, keriosis, sycosis: fluid emulsion during 4 to 6 weeks - about 2 to 3 vials, lesions often very limited.
- Moths: cream + antifungal per os for 4 to 8 weeks - about 4 to 8 tubes.
3. PITYRIASIS VERSICOLOR: solution for 2 weeks, ie 4 vials.
4. ERYTHRASMA: Cream for 1 to 2 weeks, ie 1 to 2 tubes.
Notion of intolerance or sensitization to imidazole derivatives, or to any of the constituents of the product.
Econazole G Gam side effects
- Due to the low resorption rate of econazole (0.5% - 2%) on healthy skin, the risk of systemic effects can be virtually ruled out.
However, on an injured skin, a large area, and in the infant (because of the ratio surface / weight and the effect of occlusion of the layers), one must be attentive to this eventuality.
- Locally, the rare manifestations of intolerance are burning sensations, or sometimes pruritus and redness of the skin; these events rarely lead to discontinuation of treatment (approximately 1.7% of cases).