Generic Drug Therapeutic Class: Diagnostic Products or Other Therapeutic Products
Active ingredients: Granule: Galactose, Solution: Galactose
laboratory: Bayer Sante
Granules and solution for parenteral use (IV)
Straight echocardiography in B mode for research in adults and children over 6:
- right-left shunts,
- unusual venous connections.
Dosage ECHOVIST 300 mg / mL Granules and solution for parenteral use (IV) Box of 1 vial of granules + vial of 8.5 ml solution
The volume of the reconstituted suspension is 10 mI.
The volume to be injected for highlighting the right heart cavities during an ultrasound is:
- Adults: 4 to 10 mI per injection,
- Child over 6 years old: 3 mI per injection.
The maximum volume to be injected is:
- 50 mI, divided into several injections of 10 mI in the adult,
- 20 mI, divided into several injections of 3 mI in children over 13,
- 15 mI, divided into several injections of 3 mI in children over 6 years old.
As a general rule, intravenous injection of 4mI suspension (in adults) or 3mI (in children) at a concentration of 300mg microparticles / ml as a bolus or infusion fast, preferably in the cubital vein, is sufficient.
The dose may be adapted to the ultrasound conductive properties and hemodynamic status of the patient, increasing bolus volume up to a maximum of 10 mI in adults and 3 mI in children from 6 years of age.
Experience shows that the dose increase is at best in 2-mei steps and that the next injection should not be made until complete disappearance of the contrast caused by the previous one.
The injection of a volume limited to 1 or 2 mI may be sufficient in some patients, for which the ultrasonic conductivity is particularly high or having significant tricuspid deficiencies with a large volume of regurgitation or a reduced ejection volume.
Side effects Echovist
Possibility of :
- sensation of heat or cold during the injection,
- painful sensation at the injection site or on the venous route,
- tingling sensations, numbness, metallic taste,
- dizzying sensation,
- pain and tissue irritation in case of paravenous injection.
Hypersensitivity reactions can occur exceptionally.