Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Urology nephrology
active ingredients: Terazosin
laboratory: Amdipharm Limited
Box of 15
Treatment of certain functional manifestations of benign prostatic hypertrophy, including:
· If the surgery for one reason or another must be delayed;
· During the evolutionary outbreaks of the adenoma where the symptomatology is increased and especially as the patient is older.
Dosage DYSALFA 1 mg Tablet Box of 15
The initial dose is 1 mg terazosin once at bedtime.
From the 2nd day of treatment, the dose is increased to 2 mg per day, in a single dose, for one week.
From the 9th day, the usual dosage is 5 mg at bedtime.
The dosage should be adjusted according to the patient's individual response.
In case of forgetfulness of taking terazosin, dizziness can occur during the reintroduction of treatment. In this case a new gradual adjustment of the dose will be necessary with the same dose increase scheme as at the initiation of the treatment.
Terazosin should not be administered if:
- history of orthostatic hypotension;
- known hypersensitivity to terazosin or other drugs of the same chemical family (alfuzosin, prazosin).
Dysalfa side effects
The effects most often encountered are:
- orthostatic hypotension with loss of consciousness rapidly giving way to lying down;
- faintness, dizziness, dizziness, these effects appear more readily at the beginning of treatment and / or when the dosage is increased too quickly;
- mild digestive disorders, nausea, diarrhea, constipation;
- dry mouth;
- nasal congestion ;
- rashes of allergic type.