Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Dirithromycin
laboratory: Almirall SAS
Enteric coated tablet
Box of 16
They arise from the antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic characteristics of dirithromycin. They take into account both the clinical studies that gave rise to this drug and its place in the range of antibacterial products currently available.
They are limited to infections due to germs defined as sensitive:
- documented angina at beta-hemolytic streptococcus A, as an alternative to beta-lactam therapy, especially when it can not be used,
- superinfections of acute bronchitis,
- exacerbations of chronic bronchitis;
- community-acquired pneumopathies, in subjects:
. without a risk factor,
. without signs of clinical severity,
. in the absence of clinical evidence suggestive of pneumococcal etiology.
In case of suspicion of atypical pneumopathy, macrolides are indicated whatever the gravity and the ground.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage DYNABAC 250 mg Enteric coated tablet Box of 16
Dirithromycin is administered orally, regardless of the meal.
- In adults, the dosage is 500 mg (two 250 mg tablets) in a single daily dose.
- In patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance <5 ml / min) and in patients over 80 years of age, the dosage should be reduced by half (see warnings and precautions for use).
Duration of the treatment :
The treatment duration of angina is 10 days.
- Allergy to dirithromycin and other macrolides.
- Associations with cisapride, vasoconstrictors of ergot of rye (dihydroergotamine, ergotamine by oral and nasal routes) (see interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- In the absence of data, dirithromycin, mainly eliminated by the liver, is not recommended for severe hepatic impairment or severe cholestasis.
- Breast-feeding: lack of data on passage into breast milk. Since the safety of dirithromycin in nursing mothers has not been established, the prescription will only be made if the expected benefits outweigh the risks.
- Association advised against : bromocriptine (see interactions).
Dynabac side effects
- Digestive manifestations (most common effects): abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, meteorism and anorexia.
- Hypersensitivity reactions including rash, urticaria and pruritus.
- Effects on the central nervous system: headache, dizziness, insomnia and somnolence.
- Vaginitis, vaginal candidiasis.
- Biological abnormalities: transient thrombocytopenia and leukopenia; transient increase in eosinophilia, transaminases (ASAT, ALT), creatine kinase, alkaline phosphatase, uremia and serum creatinine.