Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
active ingredients: Bisacodyl
laboratory: Boehringer Ingelheim
Enteric coated tablet
Box of 20
Symptomatic treatment of occasional constipation.
Dosage DULCOLAX 5 mg Enteric coated tablet Box of 20
- Adults: 1 or 2 tablets maximum per day.
- Children from 6 to 12 years old: 1 tablet daily for two to ten days.
- The tablets should be swallowed without being chewed, in the evening (effect 10 hours later) or in the morning on an empty stomach (effect 5 hours later).
- Avoid simultaneous absorption of alkaline drugs.
- Known hypersensitivity to bisacodyl or to any of the excipients.
- State of severe dehydration with electrolytic depletion.
Inflammatory diseases of the colon, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease.
Abdominal pain syndromes of undetermined cause, including severe abdominal pain associated with nausea and vomiting that may indicate a more serious condition.
- Occlusive or subocclusive syndromes.
- Children under 6 years old.
- In cases of congenital galactosemia, fructose intolerance, glucose malabsorption syndrome and galactose or lactase deficiency, or sucrase-isomaltase (see section on warnings and precautions for use).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Medicines giving torsades de pointes (see section on interactions).
Pregnancy: The use of bisacodyl is not recommended during pregnancy. Indeed, the clinical and animal data are insufficient.
- Breast-feeding: Bisacodyl passes into breast milk. The use of bisacodyl should be avoided during breastfeeding.
Dulcolax side effects
- Abdominal pain and diarrhea may occur after taking DULCOLAX. These effects have been observed particularly in subjects suffering from irritable colon.
- Very rare cases of allergic reactions including anaphylactoid reactions have been reported.
- Risk of hypokalemia.
- This medicine contains castor oil and can cause digestive disorders (mild laxative effect, diarrhea).