Generic drug of Donormyl
Therapeutic Class: Neurology-Psychiatry
Active ingredients: Doxylamine
Divisible coated tablet
Box of 1 Tube of 10
Occasional insomnia in adults.
Dosage DOXYLAMINE BIOGARAN CONS 15 mg Breakable film-coated tablet Box of 1 Tube of 10
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
The recommended dosage is 7.5 to 15 mg per day (ie ½ to 1 tablet daily). It can be increased to 30 mg per day (ie 2 tablets per day) if necessary.
In the elderly, renal or hepatic impairment: it is recommended to reduce the dosage.
Only once a day in the evening, 15 to 30 minutes before bedtime.
Duration of the treatment
The duration of treatment is 2 to 5 days.
If insomnia persists for more than 5 days, treatment should be re-evaluated.
· Known hypersensitivity to antihistamines,
· Personal or family history of acute glaucoma due to closure of the iridocorneal angle,
· Urethroprostatic disorders at risk of urinary retention,
· Child under 15 years old.
Adverse effects Doxylamine Biogaran Cons
· Anticholinergic effects: constipation, dry mouth, disturbances of accommodation, heart palpitations.
· Daytime sleepiness, which requires a reduction in dosage.