Generic drug of Motilium
Therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
Active ingredients: Domperidone
laboratory: Arrow Generic
Bottle (+ syringe for oral administration) of 200 ml
Relief of symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, sensations of epigastric distension, discomfort in the upper abdomen or gastric regurgitation.
Relief of symptoms such as nausea and vomiting.
Dosage DOMPERIDONE ARROW 1 mg / ml Oral suspension Bottle (+ syringe for oral administration) of 200 ml
It is recommended to take this medicine before meals. If the medicine is taken after meals, its absorption is somewhat delayed.
The initial duration of treatment is four weeks. Patients should be re-examined after four weeks and the need for continued treatment will be assessed.
- Adults and adolescents (over 12 years and over 35 kg):
10 ml to 20 ml (of oral suspension containing 1 mg of domperidone per ml) three or four times a day, the maximum daily dose being 80 ml.
- Infants and children:
from 0.25 to 0.5 mg / kg three or four times a day, the maximum daily dose being 2.4 mg / kg (without exceeding 80 mg per day).
This medicine is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Known hypersensitivity to domperidone or to any of the excipients.
- Pituitary tumor with prolactin (prolactinoma).
This medication should not be used when stimulation of gastric motility may be harmful: gastrointestinal bleeding, mechanical obstruction or digestive perforation.
Due to the presence of sucrose, this drug is contraindicated in cases of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
- Use in case of hepatic disorders: since domperidone is highly metabolized in the liver, this drug should not be used in patients with liver disorders.
- Use during breastfeeding: the total amount of domperidone excreted in breast milk is estimated to be less than 7 μg per day at the maximum recommended dosage. Toxicity to newborns is unknown. It is therefore recommended that mothers taking this medication not breastfeed their children.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Pregnancy: There is little post marketing data on the use of domperidone in pregnant women. A study in rats showed a toxic effect on reproduction in case of high dose, toxic for the mother. The potential risk in humans is unknown. Therefore, this drug should be used during pregnancy only when the expected therapeutic benefit justifies it.
Side effects Domperidone Arrow
- Immune system disorders:
Very rare : allergic reaction.
- Endocrine system disorders:
Rare : increased prolactin levels.
- Nervous system disorders:
Very rare : extrapyramidal side effects.
- Gastrointestinal disorders:
Rare : gastrointestinal disorders, including very rare and transient intestinal cramps.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders:
Very rare : urticaria.
- Reproductive disorders and mammary glands:
Rare : galactorrhea, gynecomastia, amenorrhea.
- Since the pituitary gland is below the blood-brain barrier, domperidone may cause an increase in prolactin levels. In rare cases, this hyperprolactinemia can lead to neuroendocrine side effects such as galactorrhea, gynecomastia and amenorrhea.
Extrapyramidal side effects are very rare in newborns and infants, and exceptional in adults. These side effects regress spontaneously and completely when the treatment is stopped.