Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Therabel Lucien
Box of 10
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage DOLKO Child 170 mg suppository Box of 10
RESERVED FOR CHILDREN WEIGHING FROM 9 TO 13 KG (about 9 to 30 months).
- In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
- The recommended daily dose of paracetamol depends on the weight of the child: it is about 60 mg / kg / day, to be divided into 4 doses, or about 15 mg / kg every 6 hours.
- Because of the risk of local toxicity, the administration of a suppository is not recommended beyond 4 times a day, and the duration of rectal treatment should be as short as possible.
- In case of diarrhea, the administration of suppository is not recommended.
- This presentation is reserved for children weighing 9 to 13 kg (about 9 to 30 months): the dosage is a suppository 170 mg, to renew if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 suppositories per day .
- Recommended maximum doses: see section warnings and precautions for use.
Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
in children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours and at least 4 hours.
Renal failure :
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours.
- Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or other constituents.
- Hepatocellular insufficiency.
- Recent antecedent of proctitis, anitis or rectorrhagia.
- In case of diarrhea, the suppository form is not suitable.
Side effects Dolko Child
RELATED TO PARACETAMOL :
- Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
- Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.
RELATED TO PHARMACEUTICAL FORM :
Rectal and anal irritation