Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Bottle (+ syringe for oral administration) of 100 ml
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage DOLIPRANE s / s 2.4% Oral suspension Bottle (+ syringe for oral administration) of 100 ml
The suspension can be drunk pure or diluted in a small amount of drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice).
This presentation is reserved for children from 3 to 26 kg (approximately from birth to 9 years).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, to be divided into 4 or 6 doses, ie approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours.
The oral syringe, graduated per half kilogram, allows to administer 15 mg / kg / dose. The dose to be administered for a catch is thus obtained by pulling the piston up to the graduation corresponding to the weight of the child. This dose can be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 doses per day.
· For a child weighing 3.5 kg, the dose per dose is from a syringe for oral administration filled up to 3.5 kg graduation.
· For a child weighing 13 kg, the dose per dose is from a filled oral syringe to the 13 kg graduation.
· For a 15 kg child, the dose per dose is from a filled oral syringe up to the 10 kg mark, and from a filled oral syringe to the 5 kg mark.
For information, a graduation kg corresponds to 0.625 ml of suspension.
The maximum graduation of "13 kg" corresponds to 8.13 ml of suspension, ie approximately 195 mg of paracetamol.
Maximum recommended doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use .
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours and at least 4 hours.
In cases of severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses should be increased to at least 8 hours.
The lowest effective daily dose should be considered, not to exceed 60 mg / kg / day (not to exceed 3 g / day) in the following situations:
· Adults under 50 kg
· Mild to moderate hepatocellular insufficiency
· Chronic alcoholism
· Chronic malnutrition
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or any of the other ingredients
· Hepatocellular insufficiency,
Side effects Doliprane S / S
· Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.