Generic Drug Therapeutic Class: Neurology-Psychiatry
active ingredients: Sulpiride
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Box of 30
· Short-term symptomatic treatment of adult anxiety in case of failure of usual therapies.
· Serious behavioral disorders (agitation, self-mutilation, stereotypies) in children over 6 years of age, particularly in the context of autistic syndromes.
Dosage DOGMATIL 50 mg Capsule Box of 30
The minimum effective dosage will always be sought. If the clinical condition of the patient permits, the treatment will be initiated at low dose and then gradually increased in steps.
In adults :
Short-term symptomatic treatment of adult anxiety in case of failure of usual therapies:
The daily dosage is 50 to 150 mg for a maximum of 4 weeks.
In children over 6 years old :
Serious behavioral problems (agitation, self-mutilation, stereotypies) especially in the context of autistic syndromes:
The daily dosage is 5 to 10 mg / kg.
In children, the oral solution form is better adapted.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following cases:
· Hypersensitivity to sulpiride or any of the other ingredients of the product,
Prolactin dependent tumors (eg prolactin-induced pituitary adenoma and breast cancer),
· Pheochromocytoma, known or suspected,
· in association with :
non-antiparkinsonian dopaminergics (cabergoline and quinagolide),
(see section Interactions with other medicines and other forms of interaction ).
Dogmatil side effects
Nervous system disorders:
· Early dyskinesias (spasmodic torticollis, oculogyric crises, trismus) giving way to the administration of anticholinergic antiparkinsonian,
· Extrapyramidal syndrome:
o akinetic with or without hypertonia, and partially giving in to antiparkinsonian anticholinergics,
· Tardive dyskinesias, characterized by rhythmic and involuntary movements mainly of the tongue and / or face, have been observed as with all neuroleptics during prolonged courses of treatment: antiparkinsonian anticholinergics are without action or can cause an aggravation,
· Sedation or drowsiness,
· Convulsion (see section Warnings and precautions for use ).
· Potentially fatal neuroleptic malignant syndrome (see Warnings and Precautions ) section.
· Transient hyperprolactinemia reversible upon discontinuation of treatment that may result in amenorrhea, galactorrhea, gynecomastia, impotence or frigidity.
Metabolism and nutrition disorders:
· weight gain.
· Prolongation of the QT interval,
Ventricular arrhythmias such as torsades de pointes, ventricular tachycardia, which may lead to ventricular fibrillation or cardiac arrest,
· Sudden death (see section Warnings and precautions for use ).
· orthostatic hypotension,
· Cases of venous thromboembolism, including cases of pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis, have been reported with antipsychotics - frequency unknown (see Warnings and Precautions ) section.
· Increased liver enzymes.
Skin or subcutaneous tissue disorders
· Maculopapular rash.