Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Oncology and Hematology
Active ingredients: Diethylstilbestrol
Box of 26
Dosage DISTILBENE 1 mg Coated Tablet Box of 26
1 tablet 3 times a day.
This dosage could then be reduced to 1 mg per day.
- Arterial thromboembolic events or arterial thromboembolic history (in particular myocardial infarction, stroke).
- Thromboembolic accidents or venous thromboembolic episodes (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism) with or without triggering factor.
- Cardiovascular disorders: arterial hypertension, coronary heart diseases, valvulopathies, thrombogenic rhythm disorders.
- Ocular pathology of vascular origin.
Diabetes complicated by micro- or macroangiopathy.
- Severe or recent liver disorders.
- In the woman.
- Pregnancy: this drug is formally contraindicated in pregnant women, because it can lead in the offspring in boys, abnormalities of the genital tract; in girls of childbearing age adenosis and other cervicovaginal abnormalities, clear-cell adenocarcinoma of the vagina and cervix (frequency 0.1%), uterine abnormalities (uterine hypoplastic and / or T-shaped), primary or secondary sterility pregnancy accidents (the increase in the frequency of ectopic pregnancies and abortions during the 2nd trimester, compared to a control population, is generally revealing). When questioning or personal or family history may lead to suspicion of in utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol, the appropriate course of action is as follows: Adenosis should not be treated, because of the deleterious consequences of various types of diethylstilbestrol. treatment ; it evolves spontaneously towards regression, even healing, between 20 and 30 years; cervical cancer screening requires a smear requiring, in addition to conventional cervical examination, a cytological study of the 4 vaginal surfaces; the pregnancy will be particularly followed: verification of the intrauterine situation of the egg, bi-monthly monitoring of the cervix; rest and activity reduction are essential factors in preventing late abortions and prematurity.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Metabolic disorders: uncomplicated diabetes, hyperlipidemia (hypertriglyceridemia, hypercholesterolemia).
- Obesity (body mass index = weight / height²> = 30 kg / m²).
- Renal failure.
- Associations advised against : enzyme inducers [anticonvulsants (phenobarbital, phenytoin, primidone, carbamazepine); rifabutin; rifampicin; griseofulvin].
Side effects Distilbene
- Arterial thromboembolic accidents (in particular myocardial infarction, stroke).
- Venous thromboembolic accidents (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism).
- Hypertension, coronary heart disease.
- Hyperlipidemias (hypertriglyceridemia and / or hypercholesterolemia), diabetes, weight gain.
- Common headache or major and unusual headache, migraines, vertigo, change in vision.
- Exacerbation of a comitiality.
- Hepatic adenoma, cholestatic jaundice, cholelithiasis.
- Irritability, depression, change in libido.
- Eye irritation by contact lenses.
- Heavy legs.
- Gynecomastia, testicular atrophy, impotence.