Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Codeine, Cineole
Box of 8
Symptomatic treatment of non-productive coughs that are bothersome.
Dosage DINACODE Adult Suppository Box of 8
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
1 suppository contains 20 mg of codeine.
The choice of the rectal route is determined solely by the convenience of administering the drug.
Symptomatic treatment should be short (a few days) and limited to the time of coughing.
In the absence of other drug intake providing codeine or any other central antitussive, the daily dose of codeine base not to exceed is 120 mg in adults .
- The usual dosage in adults is 1 suppository per dose, to be renewed if necessary, after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 suppositories per day.
- In the elderly or in case of hepatic insufficiency: the initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage in adults, and may possibly be increased according to tolerance and needs.
- The catches must be spaced at least 6 hours apart.
This medicine is contraindicated in case of:
- allergy to one of the constituents,
- respiratory failure,
- cough of the asthmatic,
- recent history of proctitis or rectorrhagia,
- breastfeeding: codeine passes into breast milk; a few cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants after mothers have taken supratherapeutic doses of codeine. In case of breast-feeding, taking this medicine is contraindicated.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This drug is generally not recommended in combination with alcohol.
Adverse effects Dinacode Adult
- Linked to codeine:
. At therapeutic doses, the adverse effects of codeine are comparable to those of other opiates, but they are more rare and moderate.
Possibility of constipation, drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting.
Rarely: bronchospasm, allergic skin reactions, respiratory depression (see contraindications).
. At supratherapeutic doses : there is a risk of dependence and abrupt stopping syndrome, which can be observed in the user and in the newborn of a mother poisoned with codeine.
- Related to cineole:
Possibility of agitation and confusion in the elderly, in case of non-compliance with the recommended doses.
- Related to the route of administration:
Risk of local toxicity, all the more frequent and intense as the duration of treatment is prolonged, the rate of administration and the dosage high.