Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Allergology
Active ingredients: Brompheniramine
Box of 10
Symptomatic treatment of various allergic manifestations:
- rhinitis (seasonal or perennial),
Dosage DIMEGAN 12 mg Capsule Box of 10
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 12 YEARS.
There are dosages more suitable for children under 12 years old.
- The maximum daily dosage of brompheniramine is 24 mg in adults and children over 12 years of age.
- Adult and child over 12 years old: 1 capsule morning and evening.
- It is advisable to favor the evening intake of this drug because of the sedative effect of brompheniramine.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following situations:
- hypersensitivity to antihistamines or to any other component of the capsule,
- risk of urinary retention related to urethroprostatic disorders,
- risk of glaucoma by closing the angle.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- THIS MEDICATION SHOULD NOT GENERALLY BE USED DURING THE FIRST QUARTER OF Pregnancy and Breastfeeding:
. Pregnancy: There is no reliable data on teratogenesis in animals. In the clinic, the few cases of exposed pregnancies seem to evoke a malformative effect of brompheniramine . Additional studies are needed to confirm this risk, which can not be ruled out to date. Given these data, the use of this drug is not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy,
. breastfeeding: Brompheniramine passes into breast milk. Due to the sedative properties of brompheniramine, this medication is not recommended during breastfeeding.
- Taking alcoholic beverages and drugs containing alcohol (see chapter interactions) during treatment is strongly discouraged.
Dimegan side effects
The pharmacological characteristics of the molecule are at the origin of undesirable effects of unequal intensity and linked or not to the dose (see pharmacodynamic properties):
- Neurovegetative effects:
. sedation or drowsiness, more marked at the beginning of treatment,
. anticholinergic effects such as dryness of the mucous membranes, constipation, accommodation disorders, mydriasis, heart palpitations, risk of urinary retention,
. orthostatic hypotension,
. balance disorders, dizziness, decreased memory or concentration (more common in the elderly),
. motor incoordination, tremors,
. mental confusion, hallucinations.
- Awareness Reactions:
. erythema, eczema, pruritus, purpura, possibly giant urticaria,
. edema, more rarely angioedema,
. anaphylactic shock.
- Hematological effects:
. leukopenia, neutropenia,
. hemolytic anemia.