Generic drug from Tildiem
Therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Diltiazem
laboratory: Ranbaxy Pharma Generic
Box of 30
Preventive treatment of angina pectoris attacks, especially in effort angina, spontaneous angina including Prinzmetal's angina.
Dosage DILTIAZEM RPG 60 mg Tablet Box of 30
The usual dosage is 1 tablet (60 mg) three times a day at the beginning of meals.
In severe cases, the dosage may be increased to 4 (240 mg) or 6 tablets (360 mg) per day. The tablet should be swallowed with a little liquid, without being crunched.
- sinus dysfunction,
- auriculoventricular blocks of degrees II and III not paired,
- left ventricular failure with pulmonary stasis,
- combination with dantrolene infusion (see interactions),
- in combination with cisapride, pimozide, ergotamine and dihydroergotamine.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Pregnancy: Studies in animals have shown a teratogenic effect. There is currently no sufficient data on the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of diltiazem hydrochloride when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of diltiazem hydrochloride is not recommended during pregnancy. This element does not constitute the systematic argument for counseling a termination of pregnancy, but leads to an attitude of caution and oriented antenatal surveillance.
- Breast-feeding: Diltiazem is found at very low concentrations in breast milk. However, breastfeeding with diltiazem should be avoided.
- Associations advised against : anti-arrhythmic, esmolol (in case of impairment of left ventricular function).
Side effects Diltiazem Rpg
- The most common ones that sometimes lead to the interruption of treatment are: sinus bradycardia s, sino-atrial block s, atrioventricular blocks, edema of the lower limbs, rashes. The latter are most often localized and consist of simple erythema, urticaria or, exceptionally, desquamative erythema s, possibly febrile, regressive at the end of treatment.
- Other side effects are rare and transient: asthenia, drowsiness, headache, insomnia, dizziness, digestive disorders (dyspepsia, epigastralgia, dry mouth, constipation or diarrhea).
- In rare cases of isolated, moderate and transient increases, hepatic transaminases have been observed during the initial period of treatment. Very exceptional cases of clinical hepatitis have been reported.