Generic drug from Tildiem
Therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Diltiazem
laboratory: Ratiopharm Gmbh
Box of 30
Preventive treatment of angina pectoris attacks, especially in effort angina, spontaneous angina including Prinzmetal's angina.
Dosage DILTIAZEM RATIOPHARM 60 mg Tablet Box of 30
The usual dosage is 1 tablet (60 mg) three times a day at the beginning of meals.
In severe cases, the dosage may be increased to 4 (240 mg) or 6 tablets (360 mg) per day. Route of administration:
Oral way. The tablet should be swallowed with a little liquid, without being crunched.
CONTRAINDICATED: - This medication should never be used in case of:
. hypersensitivity to diltiazem,
. sinus dysfunction,
. auriculoventricular blocks of degrees II and III not paired,
. left ventricular failure with pulmonary stasis,
. severe bradycardia (less than or equal to 40 beats per min), . combination with dantrolene infusion (see interactions),
. in combination with cisapride, pimozide, ergotamine and dihydroergotamine.
- Due to the presence of lactose, this drug is contraindicated in case of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Diltiazem hydrochloride is generally not recommended when used in combination with anti-arrhythmic agents and esmolol (if left ventricular function is impaired) in pregnant women or women who are likely to become pregnant: animal have demonstrated a teratogenic effect. There is currently no sufficient data on the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of diltiazem hydrochloride when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of diltiazem hydrochloride is not recommended during pregnancy. This element does not constitute the systematic argument for counseling a termination of pregnancy, but leads to an attitude of caution and oriented antenatal surveillance.
- Breast-feeding: Diltiazem is found at very low concentrations in breast milk. However, breastfeeding with diltiazem should be avoided.
Adverse effects Diltiazem Ratiopharm
- The most frequent, which sometimes lead to the interruption of treatment are: symptomatic sinus bradycardias, sino-atrial blocks, atrioventricular blocks, rashes. The latter are most often localized and consist of simple erythema, urticaria or, exceptionally, desquamative erythema, possibly febrile, regressive at the end of treatment or vasculitis, erythema multiforme, exfoliative dermatitis, acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis, photosensitivity and mucosal gingival hyperplasia.
- The manifestations corresponding to vasodilation (headache, malaise, palpitations, vertigo, flushing and edema of the lower limbs) are dose-dependent, in relation with the pharmacological activity of the active ingredient and occur more readily in the elderly. These effects are generally infrequent, benign and transient.
- Other side effects are rare and transient: asthenia, digestive disorders (dyspepsia, epigastralgia, dry mouth, nausea, constipation or diarrhea).
- In rare cases of isolated, moderate and transient increases, hepatic transaminases have been observed during the initial period of treatment. Very exceptional cases of clinical hepatitis have been reported, reversible upon discontinuation of treatment.
- Exceptional cases of extrapyramidal syndrome and gynecomastia.