Generic drug of Diacor LP
Therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Diltiazem
laboratory: Ranbaxy Pharma Generic
Box of 28
Preventive treatment of stable angina attacks.
Dosage DILTIAZEM LP RPG 90 mg Prolonged-release capsule Box of 28
Treatment will be initiated with a 90 mg capsule morning and evening. If necessary, the dosage may be increased to one capsule at 120 mg in the morning and evening.
In exceptional cases, the dosage may be increased to 2 capsules at 90 mg in the morning and evening.
In elderly patients, a fortiori with bradycardia and / or polymedication, in patients with renal insufficiency and hepatic insufficiency, the daily dose will not exceed one 90 mg capsule morning and evening (see precautions for use) except in cases very particular where it can be increased.
The capsule should be swallowed with a little water, without being crunched.
This medicine should never be used in case of:
- sinus dysfunction, BAV II and III not paired,
- severe bradycardia (less than or equal to 40 beats per minute),
- left ventricular failure with pulmonary stasis,
- combination with dantrolene (infusion) (see interactions),
- in combination with cisapride, pimozide, ergotamine and dihydroergotamine.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Diltiazem hydrochloride is generally not recommended:
. in combination with antiarrhythmics and esmolol (if left ventricular function is impaired),
. and in pregnant women or likely to be: studies in animals have shown a teratogenic effect. There is currently no sufficient data on the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of diltiazem hydrochloride when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of diltiazem hydrochloride is not recommended during pregnancy. This element does not constitute the systematic argument for counseling a termination of pregnancy, but leads to an attitude of caution and oriented antenatal surveillance.
- Breast-feeding: Diltiazem is found at very low concentrations in breast milk. However, breastfeeding with diltiazem should be avoided.
Side effects Diltiazem LP Rpg
- Adverse effects are usually infrequent, mild and transient. In descending order of frequency, there are headaches and / or flushing and / or malaise, edema of the lower limbs, digestive disorders (dyspepsia, gastralgia, dry mouth), rashes, asthenia, palpitations.
Phenomena corresponding to vasodilation (especially edema) may be influenced by the age of the patient.
- Exceptionally: symptomatic bradycardia, sinoatrial block, atrioventricular block.
- Experience has shown that rashes are most often localized and consist of simple erythema, urticaria or exceptionally desquamative erythema, possibly febrile, regressive at the end of treatment.
- In rare cases of isolated, moderate and transient increases, hepatic transaminases have been observed during the initial period of treatment. Very exceptional cases of clinical hepatitis have been reported.