Generic drug from Tildiem
Therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Diltiazem
Box of 30
Preventive treatment of angina pectoris attacks, especially in pain angina, spontaneous angina including Prinzmetal angina.
Dosage DILTIAZEM GNR 60 mg Tablet Box of 30
The usual dosage is 1 tablet (60 mg) three times a day at the beginning of meals.
In severe cases, the dosage may be increased to 4 (240 mg) or 6 tablets (360 mg) per day.
Route of administration :
The tablet should be swallowed with a little liquid, without being crunched.
- atrioventricular blocks of degrees II and III,
- left ventricular failure with pulmonary stasis,
- combination with dantrolene infusion (see interactions),
- in combination with cisapride, pimozide, ergotamine and dihydroergotamine.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Diltiazem hydrochloride is generally contraindicated in pregnant women or likely to be: studies in animals have shown a teratogenic effect. There is currently no relevant data on the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of diltiazem hydrochloride when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of diltiazem hydrochloride is not recommended during pregnancy. However, the discovery of a pregnancy under diltiazem does not justify interruption.
- Breast-feeding: Since this specialty is excreted in breast milk, breast-feeding during treatment with diltiazem is not recommended.
Adverse effects Diltiazem Gnr
- The most frequent, which sometimes lead to the interruption of treatment are: sinus bradycardias, sino-atrial blocks, atrioventricular blocks, edema of the lower limbs, rashes. The latter are most often localized and consist of simple erythema, urticaria or, exceptionally desquamative erythema, possibly febrile, regressive at the end of treatment.
- Other side effects are rare and transient: asthenia, drowsiness, headache, insomnia, vertigo, digestive disorders (dyspepsia, epigastralgia, dry mouth, constipation or diarrhea).
- In rare cases of isolated, moderate and transient increases, hepatic transaminases have been observed during the initial period of treatment. Very exceptional cases of clinical hepatitis have been reported.