Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Theophylline
Box of 10
Symptomatic treatment of minor forms of asthma.
Dosage DILATRANE 350 mg suppository Box of 10
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
Usual dosage: 1 suppository per day, at bedtime.
Note: Theophylline plasma concentrations effective for bronchodilation range from 8 to 20 μg / ml.
The toxicity threshold of theophyllinemia is 20 μg / ml.
Administration mode :
Suppositories find their main interest in use in the evening, punctually for the sake of convenience.
- intolerance to theophylline,
- child under 15,
- acute intermittent porphyria,
- combination with troleandomycin and enoxacin,
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Breastfeeding: Theophylline passes into breast milk, which may cause hyperexcitability in the newborn. Therefore, breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment with theophylline.
- Not recommended combination with erythromycin and viloxazine.
Dilatrane side effects
- nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain,
- headache, excitement, insomnia,
These side effects may be the first signs of an overdose. The onset of convulsion is a sign of confirmed intoxication, but may be the first sign of it.
Rarely: possibility of gastrointestinal ulceration with haemorrhage and occlusive syndrome.