Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Dextropropoxyphene, Paracetamol
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
Box of 50
Symptomatic treatment of painful conditions of moderate to intense intensity, and / or not responding to the use of peripheral analgesics alone.
Dosage DI-ANTALVIC 30 mg / 400 mg Capsule Box of 50
Reserved for adults.
- 4 capsules per day on average and up to 6 in rebel pain, regularly distributed within an interval of 4 hours between each dose.
- The capsules should be swallowed with a large glass of water, and preferably with a snack.
- In case of renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / min), the interval between 2 doses will be at least 8 hours.
- This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
. Hyper-sensitivity to one of the compounds.
. Children under 15 years old.
- Contraindications related to paracetamol :
. allergy to paracetamol,
. hepatocellular insufficiency.
- Contraindications related to dextropropoxyphene :
. allergy to dextropropoxyphene,
. severe renal insufficiency,
. breastfeeding: this medication passes into breast milk; some cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants after ingestion by mothers of dextropropoxyphene at therapeutic doses. If you are breastfeeding, taking this medicine is contraindicated,
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Concomitant intake of dextropropoxyphene is not recommended with:
- alcohol and drugs containing alcohol,
the morphine agonists-antagonists (nalbuphine, buprenorphine, pentazocine),
Adverse effects DI-Antalvic
RELATED TO PARACETAMOL :
- Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
- Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.
RELATED TO DEXTROPROPOXYPHENE :
- the most frequent :
- more rarely :
. constipation, abdominal pain, rash, headache, asthenia, euphoria,
. minor vision disorders, disorientation, somnolence, dizziness,
. sometimes severe hypoglycemia, especially in elderly patients with diabetes or renal insufficiency,
. cholestatic hepatitis, or mixed.