Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Otorhinolaryngology
active ingredients: Chlorhexidine, Oxybuprocaine
Pressurized bottle of 30 ml
Antibacterial and analgesic local treatment for diseases limited to the oral mucosa and the oropharynx.
NB: before the general clinical signs of bacterial infection, a general antibiotic therapy should be considered.
Dosage DESOMEDINE Mouthwash Pressurized bottle of 30 ml
The catches must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
1 spray 5 to 6 times a day.
Child from 6 to 15 years:
1 spray 2 to 3 times a day.
· Do not use in children under 6 years old.
· Allergy known to local anesthetics and chlorhexidine.
Desomedine side effects
· Brown staining of tongue and teeth reversible upon discontinuation of treatment (chlorhexidine).
· Sensitization to chlorhexidine and local anesthetics with risk of anaphylactic reaction.
· Passive numbness of the tongue and possibility of false roads (see section Warnings and precautions for use ).