Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Bristol Myers Squibb
Bottle (+ dosage system graduated in kg) of 90 ml
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage DAFALGAN PEDIATRIC 3% Oral solution Bottle (+ measuring system graduated in kg) of 90 ml
The solution can be drunk pure or diluted in a small amount of drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice).
This presentation is reserved for children from 4 to 32 kg (about 1 month to 12 years).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, to be divided into 4 or 6 doses, ie approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours.
The dosing system is graduated in kg, with a weight of 4-6-8-10-12-14-16 kg. The other graduations correspond to intermediate weights 3-5-7-9-11-13-15 kg.
Fill the dosing system according to the weight of the child and adjust the level of liquid at the graduation.
· From 4 kg to 16 kg: use the dosing system up to the graduation corresponding to the weight of the child or to that closest to it.
For example, from 4 kg up to 5 kg: fill the dosing system up to 4 kg graduation. The plug is to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours.
· From 16 kg to 32 kg: first fill the dosing system and complete by filling the dosing system a second time until the weight of the child is reached.
For example, from 18 to 19 kg: first fill the dosing system up to the 10 kg graduation and then fill a second time up to the graduation 8 kg. The plug is to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours.
Maximum recommended doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use .
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours.
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours.
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or any of the other ingredients
· Hepatocellular insufficiency.
Adverse effects Dafalgan Pediatric
· Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.