Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Bristol Myers Squibb
Effervescent powder for oral solution
Sachets Box of 12
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage DAFALGAN 250 mg Effervescent powder for oral solution Sachets Box of 12
Pour the contents of the sachet into a glass and add a small amount of drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice). Drink immediately after complete dissolution.
This presentation is reserved for the child weighing between 13 and 50 kg (about 2 to 15 years).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
· For children weighing 13 to 20 kg (approximately 2 to 7 years), the dosage is 1 sachet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 sachets per day.
· For children weighing 21 to 25 kg (approximately 6 to 10 years): the dosage is 1 sachet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 sachets per day .
· For children weighing 26 to 40 kg (approximately 8 to 13 years): the dosage is 2 sachets per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 8 sachets per day .
· For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years): the dosage is 2 sachets per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 12 sachets per day .
Maximum recommended doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use .
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
· In children, they must be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours and at least 4 hours,
· In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours. The total dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day ie 12 sachets.
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or other components.
· Hepatocellular insufficiency.
· Phenylketonuria (due to the presence of aspartame).
Dafalgan side effects
· Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.