Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Ophthalmology
active ingredients: Chlorhexidine, Synephrine
Box of 10 single-dose containers of 0.4 ml
Antiseptic and decongestive treatment of conjunctival hyperemia.
Dosage DACRYNE 0.1 mg / 2 mg eye drops Box of 10 0.4 ml single dose containers
Looking upward and pulling the lower eyelid slightly downward, instill 1 drop in the lower conjunctival cul-de-sac of the sick eye (s) 2 to 4 times a day for 7 days on average.
After use, discard single dose.
- History of allergy to one of the components.
- Risk of glaucoma by closing the angle.
- Newborn and child under 3 years old.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- In the absence of a study, it is recommended not to use this product in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Associations discouraged : non-selective MAOIs.
Dacryne side effects
- Risk of acute glaucoma by closing the angle.
- Possibility of transient irritation.
- Risk of hypersensitivity reaction, especially with chlorhexidine.
- Repeated instillations may result in:
. a rebound effect by reaction vasodilatation,
. an embarrassing mydriasis,
. alterations of the corneal epithelium,
. exceptionally, by systemic effect of sytephrine tartrate, elevation of blood pressure, tremors, paleness, headache, cardiac arrhythmias.