Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
Active ingredients: Dextromethorphan
laboratory: Zambon France
Bottle (+ measuring cup of 5 ml) of 100 ml
Short-term treatment of dry coughs and irritation coughs in children over 6 years of age and weighing more than 20 kg.
Dosage BIOCADEXTRO s / s Child 1 mg / mL Syrup Bottle (+ measuring cup of 5 ml) of 100 ml
RESERVED FOR CHILDREN OF 6 TO 15 YEARS AND WEIGHING MORE THAN 20 KG.
A measuring cup filled to 5 ml graduation contains 5 mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
In children, the unit dose of dextromethorphan hydrobromide is 0.25 mg / kg, the maximum daily dose is 1 mg / kg:
· Children over 20 kg up to 40 kg, more than 6 years old up to about 13 years old: 1 measuring cup per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 4 measuring cups per day,
· Child from 40 to 50 kg, approximately 13 to 15 years old: 2 measuring cups per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 8 measuring cups per day.
In case of hepatic insufficiency: the initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage, and may be increased depending on the tolerance and needs.
The duration of treatment should be short (limited to 5 days).
Treatment should be limited to the time of coughing, without exceeding the recommended doses.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
· respiratory failure,
· Cough of asthmatic,
· Allergy to one of the constituents,
· Combination with the MAOI antidepressants,
Side effects Biocadextro S / S Child
· Dizziness, drowsiness.
· Nausea, vomiting, constipation.
· Allergic reactions: pruritic rash, urticaria, angioedema, exceptionally, bronchospasm.
· Due to the presence of maltitol, risk of digestive disorders and diarrhea.