Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Povidone iodine
laboratory: Meda Pharma
Case of 10 medicated plasters
· Small or superficial wounds or burns.
· Adjunctive treatment of diseases of the skin and mucosa originally bacterial or likely to be infected.
Note: Antiseptic agents are not sterilizing. They temporarily reduce the number of microorganisms.
Dosage BETADINE TULLE 10% Medicated plaster Case of 10 medicated plasters
This medicine is reserved for external use.
· Open the protective bag
· Apply the impregnated compress on the wound
· Coat with gauze or cotton wool compress
· Maintain by bandage
· Application every day or every other day.
This medicine MUST NOT BE USED in the following situations:
· History of allergy to one of the constituents, in particular povidone. There is no cross reaction with iodinated contrast media.
Intolerance reactions (anaphylactoid reactions) to iodized contrast media or anaphylaxis to seafood are not a contraindication to the use of BETADINE TULLE 10 PERCENT,
· In the newborn of less than 1 month,
· Prolonged during the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy. Breastfeeding is contraindicated in case of prolonged treatment.
Betadine Tulle side effects
In case of repeated and prolonged administrations, iodine overload can occur, which may cause thyroid dysfunction, especially in premature infants, infants and fat burners.
Exceptionally hypersensitivity reactions: urticaria, angioedema, anaphylactic shock, anaphylactoid reaction have been described with products containing povidone, including BETADINE TULLE 10 PERCENT.
In case of application on large surfaces and burn victims systemic effects have been observed: disorders of renal function with metabolic acidosis.
Local skin reactions may occur: caustic dermatitis and contact eczema.