Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Povidone iodine
laboratory: Meda Pharma
Solution for cutaneous application
Box of 50 single-dose containers of 10 ml
· Cleaning and adjunctive treatment in skin conditions and mucosal primitive bacterial or likely to be infected.
· Antiseptic washing of the hands of the nursing staff and the hands of the surgeon.
Note: antiseptic agents are not sterilizing: they temporarily reduce the number of microorganisms.
Posology BETADINE SCRUB 4% Solution for cutaneous application Box of 50 Single-dose containers of 10 ml
· For hygienic handwashing, the product is used pure at the rate of 4 ml poured on the hands previously wet. Rub for 1 min and rinse thoroughly with water.
· For surgical washing of hands, repeat this protocol for 3-5 minutes, on the hands and forearms.
· For the debridement of contaminated wounds, use the product diluted to the third. Rinse thoroughly with water.
This medicine MUST NOT BE USED in the following situations:
· History of allergy to one of the constituents, in particular povidone. There is no cross reaction with iodinated contrast media. Intolerance reactions (anaphylactoid reactions) to iodinated contrast media or anaphylaxis to seafood are not a contraindication to the use of BETADINE SCRUB 4%.
· For the disinfection of medical and surgical equipment,
· In the newborn of less than 1 month,
· Prolonged during the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
Breastfeeding is contraindicated in case of prolonged treatment.
This medicine SHOULD NOT BE USED in combination with antiseptics derived from mercury.
Betadine Scrub side effects
In the case of repeated and prolonged administration, iodine overload may occur which may cause thyroid dysfunction, especially in premature infants and fat burners.
Exceptionally hypersensitivity reactions: urticaria, angioedema, anaphylactic shock, anaphylactoid reaction have been described with products containing povidone including BETADINE SCRUB 4%.
When applied to large areas and burn victims, systemic effects have been observed: renal dysfunction with metabolic acidosis.
Local skin reactions may occur: caustic dermatitis with burns in the case of maceration and contact dermatitis.