Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Ophthalmology
active ingredients: Povidone iodine
laboratory: Meda Pharma
Solution for eye irrigation
Box of 1 single-dose container of 50 ml
Preoperative antisepsis, periocular and conjunctival cutaneous, in ophthalmic surgery.
Dosage BETADINE 5% Solution for eye irrigation Box of 1 Single-dose container of 50 ml
Brush the periocular integuments.
Irrigate conjunctiva and conjunctival cul-de-sacs with an unmounted syringe.
Leave in contact for 2 minutes.
Rinse thoroughly with sterile 0.9% NaCl solution (with a syringe) until the characteristic Betadine stain disappears.
- History of allergy to one of the constituents, in particular povidone. There is no cross reaction with iodinated contrast media. A history of allergic-iodinated contrast or seafood anaphylaxis is not a contraindication to the use of BETADINE.
- Newborn (0 to 1 month).
- Do not administer intraocular and periocular injections.
- Do not concomitantly administer ophthalmic topicals containing mercurial preservatives (see interactions).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
In the absence of data, it is advisable not to use BETADINE 5 PERCENT, solution for eye irrigation:
. during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy,
. during breastfeeding.
Betadine side effects
- Rare cases of conjunctival hyperemia, superficial punctate keratitis have been reported.
- Residual yellow discoloration of the conjunctiva may occur.
- Cases of reversible and reversible brown skin color have been reported, this stain is eliminated with water.
- Exceptionally hypersensitivity reactions: urticaria, angioedema, anaphylactic shock, anaphylactoid reaction have been described with products containing povidone including BETADINE.
- Some cytotoxicity may occur in mucous membranes and deep tissues.