Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Metabolism and nutrition
active ingredients: Benfluorex
Box of 30
Adapted diet adjunct in diabetics with overweight.
Dosage BENFLUOREX MYLAN 150 mg Coated tablet Box of 30
The dosage is usually 3 tablets a day. This dosage may be prescribed from the outset or progressively achieved as follows:
· 1st week: 1 tablet a day, during dinner;
· 2nd week: 2 tablets daily, 1 during lunch, 1 during dinner;
· From the 3rd week: 3 tablets per day, 1 at breakfast, 1 at lunch, 1 at dinner.
Depending on the biological results, the dosage can be decreased to 2 tablets per day, or even 1 tablet per day.
In combination with a suitable diet, BENFLUOREX MYLAN is an adjuvant treatment: regular clinical and biological monitoring of each patient will be instituted.
Hypersensitivity to benfluorex hydrochloride or to any of the ingredients.
Benfluorex Mylan side effects
The following side effects have been observed:
· Digestive disorders (nausea, vomiting, gastralgia, diarrhea), asthenia, drowsiness or dizziness. However, they are observed more particularly at dosages greater than 3 tablets per day and vary according to the individual susceptibilities;
· Very rare cases of anaphylactic reactions, hypotension, shock, skin rash, urticaria, Quicke's edema;
Elevation of liver enzymes, hepatitis (very rare).
· Confusion, cognitive function disorders: temporal-spatial disorientation, behavioral disorders: agitation, delirium, hallucinations perception disorders (very rare).