Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Fluconazole
Box of 1
Fluconazole 150 mg is indicated for the treatment of acute and recurrent vaginal and perineal candidiasis.
Dosage BEAGYNE 150 mg Capsule Box of 1
- In adults:
In acute and recurrent vaginal and perineal candidiasis: Fluconazole is prescribed as a single dose of 150 mg.
- In the elderly subject:
No dose adjustment based on creatinine clearance is required in single-dose therapy.
Fluconazole SHOULD NOT BE ADMINISTERED in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to fluconazole and / or other azole derivatives,
- pregnancy and breast feeding :
. Pregnancy: Experimental studies in animals do not exclude the possibility of a teratogenic effect and in the human species the data are insufficient to specify the risk. Therefore, the prescription of fluconazole is contraindicated in pregnancy except in patients with severe or potentially lethal fungal infections in which fluconazole can be used if the expected benefit outweighs the risk to the fetus. . In women of childbearing age, effective contraceptive methods should be introduced.
. Breastfeeding: Fluconazole concentrations found in milk are similar to plasma levels, so fluconazole is contraindicated during the lactation period.
- in association with:
- Due to the presence of lactose, this drug is contraindicated in case of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This drug is usually not recommended when combined with halofantrine (see interactions).
- Child: the available data are too limited to recommend its use.
Beagyne side effects
The gastrointestinal and cutaneous effects are the most commonly encountered adverse effects.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: nausea, flatulence, abdominal pain, diarrhea.
- Skin and tissue disorders: rashes, severe skin reactions such as bullous toxidermias (Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell's syndrome, especially during AIDS). Cases of generally reversible alopecia have been reported.
- Nervous system disorders: headaches that may be related to the product.
- Hepatobiliary disorders: increased hepatic transaminases generally reversible upon discontinuation of treatment, severe hepatic injury possibly associated with elevated serum levels of fluconazole (see warnings and precautions for use: severe asthenia, anorexia, persistent nausea, vomiting, jaundice), sometimes fatal, have been exceptionally reported.
- Blood and lymphatic system disorders: leukopenia (neutropenia, agranulocytosis), thrombocytopenia.
- Immune system disorders: anaphylactic reactions.
- Cardiac disorders: rare cases of prolongation of the QT interval and torsades de pointes (see warnings and precautions for use).