Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
Active ingredients: Nitrendipine
laboratory: Bayer Healthcare
Box of 30
Treatment of high blood pressure.
Dosage BAYPRESS 20 mg Tablet Box of 30
The recommended dosage is 20 mg daily in a single dose; in the event of insufficient control of blood pressure, this dose may be divided into two doses per day. In special cases, particularly in the elderly and in patients with hepatic impairment, treatment should be started with 10 mg daily and, if necessary, increased to 20 mg once daily in one or two doses.
In the case of resistant hypertension, if monotherapy is required, the dose may be increased to 40 mg twice daily.
This medicine is contraindicated:
· If there is known hypersensitivity to nitrendipine or any of the excipients (see Warnings and Precautions for Use section ),
· In case of unstable angina or within 4 weeks after an acute myocardial infarction.
Baypress side effects
- The most frequently reported adverse effects are related to the vasodilator action of the product. It is mainly headache, redness of the face or feeling of heat, excessive hypotension possibly symptomatic.
These benign side effects usually appear during the first few weeks of treatment and generally subside during its continuation.
- The oedemas of the lower limbs sometimes observed are due to dilatation of the vessels and not to cardiac decompensation and / or renal damage. They are not accompanied by fluid retention, may give spontaneously despite the continuation of treatment and disappear in all cases, if treatment is required.
- Nausea, dizziness, fatigue, skin reactions (pruritus), tachycardia or palpitations, gingival hyperplasia are more rarely observed.
- Nitrendipine can cause in the first days of treatment an increase in natriuresis and diuresis.
- In coronary patients, as with other vasoactive substances, nitrendipine may cause pain in the thoracic region (possibly anginal pains). They occur 15 to 30 minutes after taking medication. They remain extremely rare and require the cessation of treatment.
- Exceptionally: leukopenia, agranulocytosis and isolated increases in hepatic enzymes.