Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Chlorhexidine
laboratory: Pierre Fabre Dermatology
Solution for cutaneous application
Bottle of 125 ml
- Antisepsis of superficial wounds and small extent.
- Note: antiseptic agents are not sterilizing: they temporarily reduce the number of microorganisms.
Dosage BASEAL 5 mg / ml 0.5% Solution for cutaneous application 125 ml bottle
A spray 2 times a day, directly on the wound.
Administration mode :
The solution is ready for use. It is to be applied directly to wounds.
- Hypersensitivity to chlorhexidine or any of the components.
- Do not apply in eyes, ears or mucous membranes.
- This product must not penetrate the ear canal, especially in cases of tympanic perforation or, in general, be brought into contact with nerve tissue or meninges.
- This specialty can not be used for the disinfection of microsurgical material or for the antisepsis of healthy skin before surgery (antisepsis of the operative field and antisepsis of puncture, injection or transfusion areas).
Side effects Baseal 5 MG / ML
- Risk of local allergy, usually manifested by contact eczema.
- Risk of general allergy that can (rarely) reach anaphylactic shock, especially when used on:
. the damaged skin,
. ulcerations of the lower limbs, with the possibility of aggravation of a lesion superinfected during prolonged use.