Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Toxicology
active ingredients: Dimercaprol, Butacaine
IM Injectable Solution
Box of 12 ampoules of 2 ml
Acute poisoning by arsenic, mercury and gold salts.
Severe saturnine poisoning in combination with calcium-sodium EDTA.
BAL 200 mg / 2 mL IM Solution for Injection Box of 12 x 2 ml ampoules
Parenteral route : strict intramuscular route.
The dosage is 3 mg / kg per injection for an adult of approximately 70 kg:
· The first 2 days: 1 injection every 4 hours, ie 6 injections;
· The third day: 1 injection every 6 hours, 4 injections;
· The following 10 days: 2 injections per day.
In acute mercurial nephritis (in the absence of anuria see section Warnings and precautions for use ): 5 mg / kg and by injection.
Begin treatment with 1/4 ampoule (50 mg) to investigate the patient's individual sensitivity.
As with any non-aqueous injectable solution, administer with a glass syringe.
This medicine is contraindicated in case of:
· Hypersensitivity to dimercaprol and butacaine or to any of the other ingredients of the solution for injection.
BAL side effects
· Pain at the injection site,
· Hypertension, tachycardia,
· Nausea, vomiting, headache, burning sensation of the face.