The causes of stuttering are often not well known. It is usually a set of parameters that triggers this problem, of psychological, neurological and environmental origin.
Factors favoring the occurrence of stuttering could be:
- physical (malformations of the phonatory organs, the ear, or the brain),
- psychological (an anxious, perfectionist temperament),
- environmental factors, such as significant parental pressure on the child's oral expression, or
- a conflictual family atmosphere .
Stuttering triggers can also be identified:
- events that have been experienced by the child (such as the birth of another child, a change of school, a move, the separation of parents, etc.),
- a traumatic event such as a serious accident or the death of a loved one, etc.
Chronicization factors may also make stuttering a matter of reproach, inappropriate counseling or, on the contrary, indifference.
These behaviors tend to make the child make great efforts to speak, which paradoxically maintains his stuttering.You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS Psychology, Neurology or A doctor answers you!
Read also :
> Prepare the arrival of the 2nd child
> EMDR after trauma
> Overcoming your phobias and anxiety disorders