Generic drug of Zithromax
Therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Azithromycin
laboratory: Teva Sante
Box of 6
They arise from the antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic characteristics of azithromycin. They take into account both the clinical studies that gave rise to this drug and its place in the range of antibacterial products currently available.
- They are limited to infections due to germs defined as sensitive:
. documented beta-hemolytic streptococcal A angina, as an alternative to beta-lactam therapy, particularly when it can not be used.
. superinfections of acute bronchitis,
. exacerbations of chronic bronchitis,
. stomatological infections.
- Official recommendations regarding the proper use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage AZITHROMYCIN TEVA 250 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 6
- tonsillitis, stomatologic infections: 500 mg (2 tablets) daily for 3 days.
This dosage, with a short duration of administration of 3 days, is explained by the particular pharmacokinetic properties of azithromycin and the maintenance of activity, in these indications, several days after the last dose.
- superinfections of acute bronchitis, exacerbations of chronic bronchitis: 500 mg (2 tablets) the first day then 250 mg (1 tablet) the following 4 days. The duration of treatment will be 5 days.
- no change in dosage in the elderly.
- same dosage in patients with moderate to moderate hepatic insufficiency (see section on warnings and precautions for use).
Administration mode :
The tablets can be taken during or after meals, in a single daily dose.
- This medicine MUST NEVER BE USED in case of:
. a history of allergic reaction to azithromycin, any other macrolide or any of the excipients,
. combination with ergot alkaloids: dihydroergotamine, ergotamine (see section on interactions),
. association with cisapride (see interactions section).
- Due to the presence of lactose, this drug is contraindicated in case of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- THIS MEDICINE SHOULD NOT BE USED IN CASE OF:
combination with dopamine agonists: bromocriptine, cabergoline, pergolide (see section interactions).
- The prescription of azithromycin is not recommended in patients with significant hepatic impairment or in patients with severe cholestasis.
- Breast-feeding: lack of data on passage into breast milk. As the safety of azithromycin in nursing mothers has not been established, the prescription will only be made if the expected benefits outweigh the risks.
Adverse effects Azithromycin Teva
- Cutaneous-mucous and allergic: rash, photosensitivity, arthralgia, urticaria, pruritus, rarely angioedema, anaphylactic reactions. Rare cases of severe skin reactions have been reported.
- Gastrointestinal: nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, diarrhea (rarely severe), abdominal pain, pancreatitis. Rare cases of pseudomembranous colitis have been reported.
- Hepatic: increased liver enzymes reversible upon discontinuation of treatment.
Rare cases of hepatic necrosis and hepatic insufficiency have rarely been life-threatening. However, no causal link could be established.
Isolated cases of cholestatic hepatitis have been reported.
- Neurological: vertiginous sensations; rare cases of seizures have been reported.
- Hematologic: isolated cases of thrombocytopenia have been reported.
- Psychiatric: rare cases of aggressive behavior, nervousness, agitation and anxiety have been reported.
- Genitalia: vaginitis.
- Hearing aids: rare cases of hearing disorders with tinnitus or deafness have been reported.
- General: candidiasis.