Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
Active ingredients: Ranitidine
Box of 14
Symptomatic treatment of gastro-esophageal reflux, when the rules of hygiene and diet have not been effective.
Dosage AZANTAC 75 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 14
Because absorption is not influenced by diet, tablets can be taken during or after meals.
The dosage is one tablet, at the time of burns and / or regurgitations, with a maximum of 3 taken per day and over a period not exceeding 2 weeks.
- Hypersensitivity to ranitidine.
- A case of acute intermittent porphyria has been reported with this drug. If in doubt, this medication should not be used in people with a history of acute intermittent porphyria.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Breast-feeding: The passage of H 2 -receptor antagonists into the breast milk is documented, with a high milk-plasma concentration ratio, but the doses ingested by the child remain low (about 1% of the maternal dose). Nevertheless, only kinetic data are available. Tolerance in children in the case of maternal treatment, especially if prolonged or at high doses, is not known. Therefore, as a precaution, this medicine should be avoided during breastfeeding.
Azantac side effects
Have been reported in rare cases:
- nausea, diarrhea, constipation, transient elevation of transaminases, hepatitis and very exceptionally, acute pancreatitis,
- sinus bradycardia, atrioventricular block with sinus pause (especially by injection),
- leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis or pancytopenia (very rare), sometimes with medullary hypoplasia,
- headache, dizziness, asthenia, arousal and, exceptionally, particularly in the elderly or with severe renal insufficiency, mental confusion, hallucinations, depressive syndrome, reversible involuntary movements (tremors, myoclonus or involuntary eye movements),
- rare anaphylactoid reactions (sometimes from the first administration), cutaneous erythema, erythema multiforme, rare cases of vasculitis, alopecia,
- rare cases of reversible impotence,
- muscle pain and breast tension (in combination with treatments known to have these effects).
These effects are usually reversible upon discontinuation of treatment.